1. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
2. He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.
3. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
4. A leader is a dealer in hope.
5. Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
7. To be a great leader and so always master of the situation, one must of necessity have been a great thinker in action. An eagle was never yet hatched from a goose’s egg.
8. No general can fight his battles alone. He must depend upon his lieutenants, and his success depends upon his ability to select the right man for the right place.
9. A good general not only sees the way to victory; he also knows when victory is impossible.
10. Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.