- “Men are so willing to respect anything that bores them.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I submit that an individual who breaks the law that conscience tells him is unjust and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” – Maya Angelou
- “The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance.” – Maya Angelou
- “Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced.” – Albert Einstein
- “If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.” – Winston Churchill
- “The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst.” – Winston Churchill
We do not covet anything from any nation except their respect.” – Winston Churchill
When people do not respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself.” – Mark Twain
Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.” – C. S. Lewis
- “We are more thoroughly an enlightened people, with respect to our political interests, than perhaps any other under heaven. Every man among us reads, and is so easy in his circumstances as to have leisure for conversations of improvement and for acquiring information.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Go up close to your friend, but do not go over to him! We should also respect the enemy in our friend.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The bad gains respect through imitation, the good loses it especially in art.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” – John Lennon