A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.
A man of action forced into a state of thought is unhappy until he can get out [...]
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. ~Indian proverb
God created you to do him some particular service. He has given some work to you that he has not given to another. You have your [...]
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
“All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.” ~Ella Wheeler Wilcox
“Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are [...]
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out is to risk involvement,
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is [...]
1. Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell. – Joan Crawford
2. Where there is love, there is pain. – Spanish Proverb
3. It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. – Alfred [...]
Celebrate your birthday with a great portion of enjoyable birthday quotes.
“Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.” -Samuel Ullman
“At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At [...]
1. If you want to be happy, be. – Leo Tolstoy
2. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. – Mark Twain
3. Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. – E.L. Konigsburg
- “Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.” – Mac McCleary
- “Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off.” – Unknown
- “Beware the fury of a patient man.” – [...]
- “A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”
– “A jug fills drop by drop.”
– “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man [...]
- “And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.” – Michael Jackson
– “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still [...]