- “If you’re doing your best, you won’t have any time to worry about failure.” – Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Failure is an event, never a person.” – William D. Brown, Welcome Stress!
- “The only time you don’t fail is the last time you try [...]
- “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.” – Henny Youngman
- “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it.” – Richard Whately
- “The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in the morning feeling just plain [...]