A book must be the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us.
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.
A man of action forced into a state of thought is unhappy until he can get out [...]
“Parents are not interested in justice, they’re interested in peace and quiet.” – Bill Cosby
“There are two things that a child will share willingly – communicable diseases and its mother’s age.” – Benjamin Spock
“I don’t think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib.” – Woody Allen
- “A finished person is a boring person.” – Anna Quindlen
- “A lot of people stop short. They don’t actually die but they say, ‘Right I’m old, and I’m going to retire,’ and then they dwindle into nothing. They go off to Florida and become jolly boring.” – Mary Wesley
- “A stair not [...]
# Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. – Jim Fiebig
# Age has extremely little to do with anything that matters. The difference between one age and other is, as a rule, enormously exaggerated. – Rose McCaulay (Dangerous Ages)
# Age is no [...]
- “All humans are frightened of their own solitude. But only in solitude can we learn to know ourselves, learn to handle our own eternal aloneness.” – Han Suyin
- “Be able to be alone. Lose not the advantage of solitude, and the society of thyself.” – Thomas Browne
- “Being solitary is being alone [...]