“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
“To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.” – Abraham Maslow
“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all [...]
Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. – George Eliot
Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. – Khalil Gibran
Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Khalil Gibran
When we lose one we [...]
It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company. – George Washington
Language… has created the word “loneliness” to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word “solitude” to express the glory of being alone. – Paul Tillich
Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the [...]
- “It takes years to build a good reputation, and only seconds to destroy it. – Will Schuester
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
- “A good reputation is more valuable than money.” – Publilius [...]
“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
“Arise awake and stop not till the goal is reached.” – Swami Vivekananda
“I walk slowly, but I never walk [...]
I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won’t.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial “we.”
In Paris [...]
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” – Albert Einstein
“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.” – George Patton
“You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.” – Jeannette Rankin
- “Tell me what company thou keepst, and I’ll tell thee what thou art.” – Miguel de Cervantes (1547 – 1616) Spanish novelist.
- “Have no friends not equal to yourself.” – Confucious (551 – 497 BC) Chinese philosopher.
- “Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends.” – Jacques Delille (1738 – 1813) French [...]